d e s i g n   |   b u i l d   |   p l a y

More Fretboard and Some Bridge Work

Fretboard End Detail

When last we left off, I had finished cutting the fret slots, and started on the fret board end detail. So, of course, next up is the finishing of the end detail. I made quick work of that on the spindle sander.


Removing the Old Bridge

Next up: getting the old bridge off the body of the instrument. There’s no particular reason this had to be done at this time, but it needed doing, and I was looking for a break from that fret board, so…


The existing bridge and plastic saddle were pretty sub-optimal. The two screws were most likely originally just to provide some clamping pressure when the original bridge was glued on. There’s no reason the glue wouldn’t have held without the screws.


The bridge came up with a little careful prying from a very thin blade, and a little work with a chisel and small scraper cleaned the old glue off with no problems.

Next up… back to the fret board.


<< Previous Post   - - - - - - -   Next Post >>